Trinity Sunday, June 16, 2019
As we come together to celebrate the mystery of the Trinity, we offer our prayers that God may be with us in all the mysteries of life that we encounter.
- That the Spirit of Truth, promised by Jesus, who descends from the Father and the Son will guide the Church to all truth. We pray to the Lord.
- That the world which the Father created, the Son redeems, and the Spirit sanctifies will ardently search to build just societies, uplift the poor and the outcast, and find the Lord’s presence in all aspects of our lives. We pray to the Lord.
- That as we mark World Refugee Day this week, our hearts may be opened to the suffering, courage, and determination of those who flee persecution so that they may find peace and safety. We pray to the Lord.
- That all who are baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit may grow in faith and charity. We pray to the Lord.
- That all fathers, and those who take a father’s role, may be blessed by the Lord, find satisfaction as they raise their children, and experience joy and contentment in the success of their efforts. We pray to the Lord.
- That unrest and violence in Mali, Sudan, Hong Kong, and in cities plagued by murders will be overcome by wisdom and grace. We pray to the Lord.
- That missionaries striving to bring the message of Christianity to a broken world may be inspired and sustained by their belief in the Trinity. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may enter the next decade of his life free from bitterness, able to forgive, and allowed to exercise his priestly ministry with hope and joy. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may be lifted up by our care and concern and receive the healing of Jesus for all their sufferings. We pray to the Lord.
- That all fathers who have died will be welcomed into the everlasting life of heaven to dwell with the Father of us all, His Son, and the grace of the Holy Spirit. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
Lord our God who has created us and our world to be a reflection of your love, we offer these prayers and give glory to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit – one God who lives and reigns now and forever. Amen.