Corpus Christi, June 23, 2019
Rather than dismissing the gathered crowd to the surrounding villages to find lodging and provisions, Jesus fed the people with a meager supply of bread and fish. He calls us also to himself aware of our many hungers and in response to our petitions feeds us with the real food that is his most holy Body and Blood.
- That the Church will steadfastly proclaim the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist as a source of grace for all humanity. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of the world will go beyond prayer and compassion for those who hunger and respond to Jesus call to “give them some food yourselves.” We pray to the Lord.
- That the plan of the U.S. bishops who met in Baltimore last week to address the problem of clerical abuse will be implemented with sincerity, determination, and success so that all forms of abuse may be eliminated from Church governance. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who thirst from the water crisis in Chennai and are devastated by the fatal nationwide heat wave throughout India may find relief from their suffering. We pray to the Lord.
- That those people throughout the world who are deprived of access to the Eucharist due to persecution and the shortage of priests may be served through creative solutions inspired by the Holy Spirit. We pray to the Lord.
- That we who are privileged to receive Jesus, present in the Eucharist, may do so with faith, thanksgiving, and devotion. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher, who celebrated the forty-third anniversary of his priestly ordination this past week, may remain committed to his vocation in the sure knowledge that he is a priest forever. We pray to the Lord.
- That all who work for justice in our parish may be unswerving in their determination and successful in their efforts on behalf of truth. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill and need relief from their hardships may be nourished and healed by the real food that is the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have received the Bread of Life and the Cup of Salvation may be granted the promised reward of eternal life. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we know that you provide for all our needs and that your gift of the Eucharist nourishes and strengthens us in the challenges of this life. We offer our prayers to you seeking the grace we need to conform our lives to your will through Christ our Lord. Amen.