Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time C, July 07, 2019
Jesus not only calls us to himself but sends us out the world with the message of the Gospel. Gathered together here, we join in asking him for our needs and the needs of the world that we might be effective messengers of peace.
- That the Church may embrace its missionary character and be blessed with many laborers to send out for the harvest of souls. We pray to the Lord.
- That people of all nations will embrace peace and welcome travelers and refugees with the peace offered by Christ. We pray to the Lord.
- That this past week’s celebration of Independence Day will inspire our nation to heal divisions over past injustices, stimulate hope for the young, and commit itself to a bright future for all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That the war in South Sudan and Syria, the protests in Hong Kong. the tensions and poverty in Venezuela, the divisions between South and North Korea, and the tribulation and unrest that plague so many may be resolved through diplomacy and charity. We pray to the Lord.
- That in celebrating the memorial of St. Benedict this Thursday, all bishops and all Christians may be cognizant of Benedict’s exhortation to show people in deeds rather than in words all that is good and holy. We pray to the Lord.
- That the peace of Christ may control our hearts and the word of Christ may dwell in us richly. We pray to the Lord.
- That the peace missionaries offer in houses they enter may rest on peaceful people as they bring the kingdom of God to all corners of the world. We pray to the Lord.
- That the suffering brought by the heat, winds, and torrents of summer may be mitigated by careful planning and by communities that demonstrate love for their neighbors. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may find hope, renewal, and welcome as works to fulfill his call as a priest despite some unwelcoming dust that clings to his feet. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may find healing; that the downhearted my find hope; and that those who mourn may find comfort. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died so that our faith may be handed on will rest joyfully for all eternity in the arms of the Jesus in heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we know that you are with us and are our help even as we go into the world. We ask that you strengthen us that we may be people united in joy with the seventy-two because our names, too, are written in heaven. We make these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.
1 thought on “Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time C, July 07, 2019”
It seems that the only place we hear about God these days is in our churches…………. maybe we need to return to the Lord fully and know that we remain united………. in faith hope and charity—–let us all work for the things that matter and make a good difference inour country and our churches…. all things are possible for those who love God!
God bless our world with HIS love and peace– mary jo and hank