Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time C, July 14, 2019
In response to Jesus’ call for mercy, we offer our prayers for all those in need.
- That the Church may exhibit the mercy of the Good Samaritan in the ways it treats all people in difficulty. We pray to the Lord.
- That people of all nations will see adjoining states and cultures as neighbors who deserve mercy despite past conflicts and division. We pray to the Lord.
- That victims of assault, human trafficking, and torture may overcome their ordeals and receive compassionate care from their neighbors. We pray to the Lord.
- That places in the world torn apart by animosity and violence may heed the voice of the Lord and turn to him with all their hearts and all their souls. We pray to the Lord.
- That as we struggle to do what is needed to inherit eternal life, we may hear the voice of Jesus calling us to treat others with mercy. We pray to the Lord.
- That bishops of the Congregation for the Clergy, who have chosen to pass by Fr. Christopher beaten on the side of the road, will be moved by the Good Samaritan to treat him with charity and mercy. We pray to the Lord.
- That in celebrating Sea Sunday, we may remember seafarers, fishermen, and those who serve the cause of freedom in the Navy as we pray for them, their families, and those who support them. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who care for the homeless, the sick, and the hungry may be supported for the mercy they show and uplifted by their work. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may be assisted by Good Samaritans and restored to health by compassionate care and insightful medical decisions. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died because no one stopped to care for them may find comfort and peace forever in heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we ask that in answering our prayers you strengthen us to be people who do not see differences and division but people who act with mercy toward all those in need. We make these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.