Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time C, July 21, 2019
As we approach the Lord with our needs, we pray that the hospitality offered by Abraham, Sarah, Martha, and Mary will inspire us to welcome the Lord and his will for us into our lives.
- That the Church may be faithful in proclaiming the importance of listening to the word of God and responding to that word through service of our neighbors. We pray to the Lord.
- That hospitality will be offered among people of differing cultures and backgrounds as examples of service that breaks downs barriers that divide. We pray to the Lord.
- That we will welcome the Lord into our lives, as did Martha, and serve him without being anxious and worried about the many challenges that we face. We pray to the Lord.
- That we will sit with humility at the feet of the Lord, as did Mary, striving to know his will for us. We pray to the Lord.
- That the example of Martha and Mary may inspire us to combine active and contemplative lives of faith so that union with God through prayer may overflow into all our activities. We pray to the Lord.
- In thanksgiving for the many women of our parish who have put together meals for small and large groups of parishioners as part of their effort to hold our parish together in faith while it is under attack. We pray to the Lord.
- That in celebrating the Feast of St. Christopher on Thursday, we ask that he protect Fr. Christopher and all those under his patronage, and intercede for the safety of all travelers. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of Nepal, Myanmar, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Vietnam, China, and Japan who are suffering from torrential rains and extensive flooding may be spared further devastation during this monsoon season. We pray to the Lord.
- That those being persecuted for their faith may be granted freedom to choose the better part and listen to the word of the Lord. We pray to the Lord.
- That those in our community facing terminal illnesses and their families may know the consolation of the Lord with them in their struggles. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may enjoy the everlasting life of heaven where all anxiety and worry are washed away in the arms of God. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we ask for grace so that the actions in our lives may reflect love of neighbor inspired by attentiveness to your word. We offer these prayers for our needs and the needs of the world through Christ our Lord. Amen.