Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time C, July 28, 2019
Jesus teaches us how to pray and of the importance of prayer. We therefore present our most heartfelt needs to the Lord.
- That the Church may persevere in prayer in the face of frustration and disappointment confident that whoever asks, receives. We pray to the Lord.
- That nations will act to help each other overcome evil knowing that the Lord seeks not to destroy but to preserve. We pray to the Lord.
- That we will generously share our bread with those who hunger. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are suffering from the heat, drought, and fires of summer will find relief and restoration through the assistance of good friends and considerate neighbors. We pray to the Lord.
- That in seeking forgiveness for our sins, we may have the grace to forgive all those who have sinned against us. We pray to the Lord.
- That all parents may be able to give good gifts to their children, the gifts of love, guidance, and security, in the same way that God gives good gifts to all who seek him. We pray to the Lord.
- That the Church will become vigilant in stopping all forms of abuse that plague dioceses throughout the world. We pray to the Lord.
- That Catholic people who are persecuted for their faith in Eritrea, China, Iraq, Somalia, and other nations of the world will find the freedom to live their beliefs. We pray to the Lord.
- That Father Christopher and those who support his quest for justice will never tire of knocking on the door until it opens. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are battling illness will receive the comfort of the Father, the consolation of the Son, and the wisdom of the Spirit. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may be welcomed into heaven and that their families will receive the support of friends and a loving faith community. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we give you thanks that in response to our pleas, you provide for all our needs. We ask for your grace to accept your will for us in all aspects of our lives. We make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.
1 thought on “Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time C, July 28, 2019”
We pray for all these intentions and know God hears and will answer….. we hope He answers as we ask!
As Christian Catholics we need to pray for all people who suffer in any way.- knowing God loves us and wants us to be happy. It is hard to be happy when someone we care about is suffering —— Hear and answer us Lord! Change the hearts of anyone who isn’t working and praying for peace for every person! Let us change our own hearts to hearts that love!
God be with the sick —–and children who are suffering in any way! God bless the immigrants who are suffering.
Mary Jo and Henry