Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time C, August 11, 2019
Jesus tells us to be afraid no longer and to be a people always ready for his coming into our lives. We offer our prayers that we may not overlook his love for us and the many ways he provides for our well-being.
- For the church, that we may overcome the many forms of abuse that afflict it and that threaten to mask Jesus’ message of hope and love. We pray to the Lord.
- That Chaldean Catholics, and all Catholic people whose faith is persecuted, may remain faithful, overcome hatred, and be blessed with national leaders who promote freedom of religion and in all aspects of their lives. We pray to the Lord.
- That those Christians forced to offer sacrifice in secret may always put into effect with one accord the divine institution. We pray to the Lord.
- That peace and justice may prevail in Hong Kong, China, Syria, Yemen, South Sudan, and all areas of the world plagued by war and violence. We pray to the Lord.
- That random violence in our country may be ended by prudent legislation and the change of heart needed to reject hatred and division while building respect for all human life. We pray to the Lord.
- That the clergy may be committed in action as well as words to the eradication of the many faces of abuse that plague the Church. We pray to the Lord.
- That those afflicted by alcohol, drugs, and other addictions that abuse their well-being may be freed from these afflictions and be restored to health. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may have the faith of Abraham in following God’s will for our lives, especially in times of uncertainty. We pray to the Lord.
- That Father Christopher may remain vigilant and prudent in awaiting the return of his ability to follow the Master’s call to full priestly ministry. We pray to the Lord.
- That friends and family who are ill may be strengthened by their faith in God’s love and a desire to accept his will in their lives as they seek healing. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may return to a better homeland, a heavenly one, in the city that God has prepared for them. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we find ourselves in an array of changing circumstances that bring both joy and sorrow to our lives. Through all of these, we know that you are with us. May we be people of hope and peace who praise you with joy. We make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.