Twenty-Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time C, October 06, 2019
We come to the Lord with thanksgiving as the people he shepherds, the flock he guides, asking that he will answer all our needs and petitions.
- That the Vatican Synod on the Amazon Region being held over the next three weeks will be inspired by the Holy Spirit and be successful in identifying new paths for evangelization of God’s people in that region and throughout the world. We pray to the Lord.
- That suffering people in all parts of the world who see misery with destruction and violence before them, with strife and clamorous discord, may receive relief from their anguish and know the Lord’s hand in their lives. We pray to the Lord.
- That during this Extraordinary Missionary Month we may rediscover the missionary dimension of our faith in Jesus Christ, a faith graciously bestowed on us in baptism. We pray to the Lord.
- That this Month of the Most Holy Rosary will inspire renewed devotion to Mary, the Mother of God and protector of the Church, and to her Son, through recitation of the rosary. We pray to the Lord.
- That as the Chinese nation celebrates the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People’s Republic, all her citizens may be freed from abuse of their human rights and find freedom from religious persecution. We pray to the Lord.
- That those in India displaced by the heavy monsoon rains, those in the Amazon region whose lives are threatened by Rain Forest fires, the people of the Bahamas who suffer in the aftermath of Hurricane Damien, and all people who are impacted by natural disasters and environmental challenges may find safety and relief. We pray to the Lord.
- That in respecting all life, we may be mindful of Pope Francis’ observation that the vibrant presence of elderly and young people in communities demonstrates the presence of God and the promise of the future. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher and the many people of St. Isabel Church and the Diocese of Venice whose joy in the Lord has been assaulted may be renewed as they join with the apostles in their prayer to the Lord, “Increase our faith.” We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill or suffering from the pains of advancing age may be lifted up in prayer to the Lord and be resolute in faith as they seek healing. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died in service to others seeking to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, or bring peace to chaos may enjoy the eternal rewards of heaven where all evil is washed away. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we offer our prayers this day with hope that your voice may penetrate our hardened hearts that we may know your will in all aspects of our lives, proclaim your love for the world, and truly become unprofitable servants who have done all that we are obliged to do. We make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.