Twenty-Ninth Sunday in Ordinary Time C, October 20, 2019
We come to the Lord with our prayers and petitions knowing that he is a just judge who cares for all our needs.
- That Pope Francis, whose travels display the missionary role of the Church, may inspire all the faithful on this World Mission Sunday to understand that they too are sent by Jesus into a world hungry for his message. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of war torn nations who live under threats of violence, loss of homes, and loss of family members in an atmosphere of hatred may find peace, assistance, and a chance to rebuild their lives. We pray to the Lord.
- That those participating in the Bishops’ Synod on the Amazon may be inspired by the outpouring of the Holy Spirit to find creative approaches to serving the indigenous people in ways that will strengthen their faith. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may pray always without becoming weary and receive the help and support of our community, as did Moses in keeping his hands raised toward heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- That all people who fight the injustice of corrupt judges will be tireless in their efforts to secure their rights, and be rewarded with justice. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who seek justice in the Church from their bishops and who call out in prayer day and night will not find dishonesty but will have their rights secured as chosen people of God. We pray to the Lord.
- That in his fight for his priesthood and for truth, Fr. Christopher may encounter empathy and wise judgements from all people who both fear God and respect all human beings. We pray to the Lord.
- That God will bless America so that the dissension and division currently plaguing our country will give way to commitment to liberty and justice for all. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who seek healing from illness will pray with the consistency and determination of the widow knowing that God renders a just decision in all that we ask. We pray to the Lord.
- That the faith of those who have died will be found worthy by the Son of Man so that they may be welcomed into the everlasting joy of heaven . We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we offer our prayers to you expressing our desire to more fully recognize that you are with us in all aspects of our lives. May we always know that your help for us is ever present as you secure our rights and answer all our needs We make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.