Christmas A, December 25, 2019
On this Christmas we gather in celebration for today is born our Savior, Christ the Lord. We offer our petitions to the Lord knowing that he comes to rule the earth with justice and the peoples with constancy in bringing light to our days.
- That the Church will forever join with the angels and shepherds in praising God with the words, “Glory to God in the highest” and in acting to announce his salvation day after day. We pray to the Lord.
- That the birth of Jesus will bring peace to Bethlehem, to the towns Jesus visited, and to every place on earth troubled by war, violence, hatred, and persecution. We pray to the Lord.
- That the tender love of Mary for her Son and the love and care Joseph showed for his family will inspire us to be a community united in love and care for all its members. We pray to the Lord.
- That the young will understand the bursting of God’s gift of Jesus into the world at Christmas as the true reason for excitement and celebration on this day. We pray to the Lord.
- That on this day, we will emerge from the darkness in which we walk and see the great light that has shone upon us and brings us wonder and great delight. We pray to the Lord.
- That children throughout the world born into poverty or whose refugee parents can find no room in the inn will be loved and grow well to build a world where people in need find acceptance and help. We pray to the Lord.
- In gratitude for the vocations of Fr. Christopher and the many good priests who have led us to the light of faith. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who dwell in the land of gloom because of illness and infirmity will be filled with joy and be able to rejoice that the light of Jesus shines upon them. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are celebrating their first Christmas after the death of a loved one will receive the consolation of the Wonder-Counselor, God-Hero, Father-Forever, and Prince of Peace as they mourn and also rejoice over good memories. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we offer these prayers that we may better celebrate with abundant joy and great rejoicing that the yokes that burden us, the poles on our shoulders, and the rods of our taskmasters have been smashed. May we see that you enter into our lives on Christmas and every day to light our pathways back to you. We make these prayers through Jesus Christ your Son and our Lord. Amen.