The Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, A, December 29, 2019
On this Feast of the Holy Family we remember that God honored the family by sending his Son into our world through a family, a family like our own which faced danger, worry, and heartbreak, and enjoyed many instances of wonder, delight, and joy. As we offer our petitions, we ask that the family unit and all families will continue to receive God’s grace.
- That the Church family will be a model of heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience as we offer forgiveness to those with whom we disagree and build up the body of Christ. We pray to the Lord.
- That as the world witnesses the many refugees fleeing persecution and upheaval, measures will be taken to keep families together and to provide them with a path to security, safety, holiness, and joy. We pray to the Lord.
- That as part of its efforts to promote respect for life, the Church will proclaim in word and action the importance of the family and of an environment in which children can thrive. We pray to the Lord.
- That all fathers and husbands will follow the example of St. Joseph and act with wisdom in ensuring the well-being of their families. We pray to the Lord.
- That all mothers and wives will follow the example of Mary who accepted God’s call in all aspects of her life and made many sacrifices for the welfare of her family. We pray to the Lord.
- That aging parents will be cared for by their children and that the dignity and sanctity of their lives will be honored even as they suffer during the decline of their minds and bodies. We pray to the Lord.
- That evil forces that divide families, friends, neighbors, churches, and all people will be replaced by the forgiveness the Lord offers to each of us and which we must offer to each other. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have attacked Fr. Christopher and his priesthood will be moved by St. Paul’s exhortation to put on love, the bond of perfection, mindful that, “Whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.” We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may be blessed with families and friends who are considerate, supportive, and kind during their time of trial. We pray to the Lord.
- For the deceased members of our families, that we may remember them with joy and with gratitude for the ways they enriched our lives as we ask that they be welcomed into eternal joy. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
Heavenly Father, we offer these prayers that we may better live as your sons and daughters inspired by the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. We make these prayers through Jesus Christ your Son and our Lord. Amen.
1 thought on “The Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, A, December 29, 2019”
thank you for all those good prayer intentions! May the Peace that Jesus brought to this earth live in us——–a new year begins –a new beginning——–let it begin anew in each of our lives and hearts….
it is up to us to make His ‘old’ message new once again…by our example and by living it fully! Peace. I hope everyone gets to read the homily message that Pope Francis gave in his Christmas message to the world from the Vatican on Christmas day—- be sure and read it!
Beautiful and what we all needed to hear!
Much Love from Mary Jo and Hank Maher