The Epiphany of the Lord, A, January 05, 2020
On this Feast of the Epiphany of the Lord, we are reminded that Jesus reveals himself to all people as Lord and Redeemer. We offer our prayers with hope that we will see him in all the aspects of our lives, in all people, in beautiful environments, and in lowly stables.
- That the Church will draw people to Jesus from all nations, cultures, and traditions that they may come to know and believe the Good News. We pray to the Lord.
- That rulers of the world may govern with humility in the best interests of all people, not with jealousy, seeking homage, or trying to destroy those with differing ideas. We pray to the Lord.
- That the darkness and thick clouds which cover the lives of many people will be erased by the glory of the Lord which shines through all evil and difficulties. We pray to the Lord.
- That the conception and birth of every baby may be greeted with awe and wonder as a sign of God’s love for all humanity and for all he has created. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of Australia may find safety and relief from the heat and fires that threaten lives, homes, and cities. We pray to the Lord.
- That in the same way King Herod’s efforts to bring death to Jesus were foiled by the Magi, the cycle of hatred, shooting, and death that continues to plague the Middle East may be brought to an end by people who seek peace and mutual respect. We pray to the Lord.
- That all people will gaze with wonder at the stars that rise each night revealing the immense greatness of God’s creation and so be drawn to do him homage. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher will be encouraged by the Magi who resisted authority bent on the destruction of Jesus and continue to function with Paul as a steward of God’s grace. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may be visited by friends and family who value their lives and offer the gifts of respect, encouragement, community, and faith. We pray to the Lord.
- That the deceased will be remembered for the ways they enriched our lives with many gifts and may receive the gift of everlasting joy in heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
Heavenly Father, offer these prayers knowing that Jesus came to save all people. May we never fail to appreciate his presence in our lives, and may we offer the gifts we have been given as we join with the wise men from the East in doing him homage. We make these prayers through Jesus Christ your Son and our Lord. Amen.