The Baptism of the Lord, A, January 12, 2020
Heavenly Father, on this Feast of the Baptism of the Lord, we encounter John the Baptist as a man who calls people to repent while humbly recognizing that he is a servant of Jesus. We offer our prayers as people of faith who seek humility in our own lives as we ask for your aid.
- That missionaries will proclaim the Good News of the Gospels with conviction and joy, and thereby draw many converts to baptism. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders will act prayerfully and in faith for the well-being of all people so that the Lord will be able to bless his people with peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of Australia suffering from fires, those in Puerto Rico impacted by the earthquake, victims of drought in Asia and Africa, and all people suffering from natural disasters may find relief and consolation. We pray to the Lord.
- That the grace of our own baptism may help us to live lives of faith so that the Father will declare of each of us, “This is my beloved child, with whom I am well pleased.” We pray to the Lord.
- That those baptized into the Catholic Church who are discouraged from following Jesus by the actions of bishops and other clergy may be renewed in faith and blessed by the sustenance of the Eucharist. We pray to the Lord.
- That the atmosphere of war, violence, and hatred that infects the Middle East will be healed by committed individuals who insist on peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That as this Christmas season comes to an end, we may continue to show Jesus as the light of the world to all who live in darkness. We pray to the Lord.
- That the graces of the Christmas season and the support of friends and family will enable Fr. Christopher to continue to minister with determination despite the efforts of those bent on destruction. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may be comforted and encouraged by friends and that they will know God’s presence with them in their suffering. We pray to the Lord.
- That our friends and relatives who have died may be welcomed with joy into the eternal peace of heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God we know that our own baptisms marked the beginning of our lives of faith. May that faith be strengthened by the graces of baptism as we seek your will in the answers to the petitions we place before you today. We offer these prayers through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.