Feast of the Presentation of the Lord (World Day for Consecrated Life), A
As Joseph and Mary presented their infant child in the temple, we present our hopes, dreams, and needs to the Father in our petitions.
- That the Church may reveal Jesus as “a light for revelation” that shines in the darkness and that turns many hearts to accept God’s will in their lives. We pray to the Lord.
- That the suffering experienced by Mary, whose soul was pierced as she shared in her Son’s suffering and who mourned at the divisions within Israel over her Son, will be replaced in our time by a spirit of ecumenism among all the world’s faiths. We pray to the Lord.
- That all parents who bring their newborns to church to be baptized will find a welcoming community that will help raise their children in faith. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are victims of the corona virus, those who care for them, and those who seek to mitigate this health crisis will receive the grace, strength, and wisdom to unite people in overcoming this common threat. We pray to the Lord.
- That on this World Day for Consecrated Life, and throughout the year, we may support and encourage those men and women who have consecrated their lives to God as they give witness to faith, prayer, and charity. We pray to the Lord.
- That the aged, like Simeon and Anna, who have lived long lives of faith will be respected for their wisdom and insights. We pray to the Lord.
- That the story of Anna, who worshipped in the temple night and day and was never forced to leave, might soften the hearts of those who banish others from places of worship because of pettiness or as demonstrations of power. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher. and all whose faith is persecuted. may be uplifted because Jesus himself was tested through what he suffered, and is therefore able to help those who are being tested. We pray to the Lord.
- That all those who are seriously ill because of drought, fire, heat, hunger, or disease may not despair and may find relief through the help of medical professionals, first responders, friends, and charities. We pray to the Lord.
- That those departed religious sisters, brothers, and priests who educated us in our youth or served as examples of faith will be welcomed with joy into their everlasting reward. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God as we receive the answers to our petitions, may we go in peace having seen the light of grace active in our lives and carry that light to all those we encounter. We make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.
1 thought on “Feast of the Presentation of the Lord (World Day of Consecrated Life), A”
thank you once again for being the light that shines in our world and in our lives…esp during difficult or dark times—…….may peace come and may the Holy Spirit come ! Mary Jo