Second Sunday of Lent, A, March 08, 2020
We climb with Peter, James, and John on the mountains we encounter in our lives hoping to stay with the Lord and that he will stay with us even though at times we are very much afraid.
- That the Church will be transfigured and show Jesus to the world, not just as a man but as the Son of God who brings light to all who are shrouded in darkness. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of the world from all nations, races, religions, and cultures will work together to defeat the corona virus and all other evils that threaten humanity and cause suspicion and division. We pray to the Lord.
- That those whose faith is threatened by guns, persecution, and hatred will know that they face these challenges with Jesus who calls to them, “Rise, and do not be afraid.” We pray to the Lord.
- That we may see the world transfigured with all people created in the image and likeness of God, each revealing some element of God’s greatness and love. We pray to the Lord.
- That this Lent will be a time of renewal for each of us as we move toward Easter where we will encounter the Son of Man raised from the dead. We pray to the Lord.
- That medical professionals and caregivers will be protected from disease and inspired with wisdom as they serve those who have been struck by colds, flu, or the corona virus. We pray to the Lord.
- That as Peter, James, and John cherished their experiences with Jesus, we may cherish and appreciate those who have accompanied us in our lives bringing us faith. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may bear his share of hardship for the Gospel with the strength that comes from God. We pray to the Lord.
- That the sick may be strengthened by the grace bestowed on them in Christ Jesus who destroyed death and brought life and immortality through the Gospel. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died will hear the voice of the Father announcing to them, “You are my beloved child, with whom I am well pleased” as they enter into the everlasting light of heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, may your answers to our prayers and petitions transform us so that we will see you as you are. Although we are tempted to build tents for our faith in places of security, you call us and lead us up mountains to new understandings that challenge us to move forward in loving you wholeheartedly. May we put aside our fears as we strive truly to see you in all aspects of our lives. We make these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen