Third Sunday of Lent, A, March 15, 2020
As the Samaritan woman encountered Jesus on her daily visit to the well, we pray that we will find him in all our daily activities and that he will answer our needs.
- That the Church will show respect and concern for those on the margins of society and draw them to Jesus. We pray to the Lord.
- That whenever they meet at this world’s wells and fields to drink and eat, leaders of nations with different perspectives and experiences will engage in constructive conversations leading to actions for the welfare of all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That we will know and respond to God’s love proven through the fact that Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, died for us even though we are still sinners. We pray to the Lord.
- That those throughout the world who are suffering from drought and thirst will receive water to satisfy their parched lands and throats as did the Israelites at Massa and Meribah. We pray to the Lord.
- That nations of the world will be united in their efforts to defeat the corona virus and through this experience gain new appreciation for the value of international cooperation. We pray to the Lord.
- That refugees from the war in Syria and all victims of war and violence will find safety, opportunity, assistance, and security. We pray to the Lord.
- That those suffering from persecution and hatred may receive living water from the Lord that they may never thirst and which will become a spring of water welling up to eternal life. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may be renewed in his faith and hopeful for his future where he may serve the Lord with gladness all the days of his life. We pray to the Lord.
- That those suffering from the corona virus, cancer, and all sicknesses will be resolute in battling illness, receive compassionate care, and be encouraged by our prayers and expressions of support. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died will never thirst again as they rest forever in the abundant, life-giving waters of heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we offer these petitions to you from our sinful state knowing that you offer us life-giving water and food so that we will never thirst or hunger. May we experience you in our midst in all we do giving us your love that carries us forward. We make these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.