Thirteenth Sunday of Ordinary Time, June 28, 2020
We come to the Lord asking for the strength to take up our crosses and follow after Jesus so that we may be worthy of him.
- That during these troubled times of disease, rancor, and alienation, the church may provide graced leadership through actions that provide comfort and draw people together. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may see drought, war, violence, disease, and the plight of refugees as opportunities to reach out in service to all people and not as threats to their positions of influence. We pray to the Lord.
- That in observing the 70th anniversary of the start of the Korean War, the Korean people may seek harmony and peace on their peninsula and be supported in peaceful efforts by friends and neighbors. We pray to the Lord.
- That Religious Freedom Week will be a catalyst for change that provides autonomy for faith-based health care providers, security for places of worship, and freedom to worship in public. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are parents will nurture their children in times of health and seek assistance in times of need with love and prayer at all times as did the Shunammite woman who received her son as a gift from God. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people in Africa, Asia, and South and Central America suffering from the severe droughts affecting their nations and threatening their lives will be given cups of cold water to drink and assistance from the world community. We pray to the Lord.
- That the coronavirus may be defeated by wise regulations, consideration of individuals for each other, improving health care, and the development of a vaccine as we use this time of separation from friends to grow closer to God. We pray to the Lord.
- That our country will prepare for the celebration of its founding next weekend by a recommitment to the principles of freedom and justice that have made it great. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher and all victims of injustice will rejoice at the name of the Lord all the day and through his justice be exalted. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill and medical professionals who minister to them will find success and consolation as they fight for the preservation of life. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died defending our country in its many wars may not have died in vain with the truths that all are created equal and are endowed by their Creator with unalienable rights being practiced at home and abroad. We pray to the Lord.
O God, at this time of turmoil in our lives and throughout the world, we offer these petitions asking that your peace may come to all areas of our lives and the lives of all people. We make our prayers through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns forever and ever. Amen.
1 thought on “Thirteenth Sunday of Ordinary Time, June 28, 2020”
thank you for the reminders to pray for so many needs we have–and to give thanks for all we have been given!
End this virus Lord——end any sickness that seems to be in some hearts—
Do not turn your FACE FROM US! WE NEED YOU . GIVE US HEARTS THAT LOVE.