Fourteenth Sunday of Ordinary Time, July 05, 2020
We come to the Father, Lord of heaven and earth, asking that we may better know him and his will for us.
- That the Church will humbly recognize that what the Father has hidden from the wise and learned has been revealed to the little ones as it proclaims the message of the Gospel to all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That the blights of war, disease, drought, and hunger that plague the world today will be eradicated by selfless leadership, wise environmental policy, and compassion of all people for each other. We pray to the Lord.
- That on this weekend when we celebrate Independence Day, we may renew our commitment to the principles of freedom and the value of each individual as the hallmarks of our national identity. We pray to the Lord.
- That as we celebrate the Feast of St. Isabel today, we may be inspired by her devotion to the poor and sick, her commitment to reconciliation in times of disagreement, and her life of prayer. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of Hong Kong, and all people, whose liberties and religious freedom are threatened or suppressed by onerous and tyrannical laws may find relief through prayer and consistent support from people and nations that value human rights. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of Florida, and in all regions of the world where the coronavirus is spreading, may be protected from disease and demonstrate respect for others by actions that serve to contain the virus. We pray to the Lord.
- In thanksgiving for our ancestors who have sacrificed over the centuries so that we and our descendants are able to enjoy lives of happiness, abundance, and hope. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher, who labors in his vocation and is burdened by injustice, will find rest from his troubles from the Lord. We pray to the Lord.
- That all in our country who have suffered from discrimination, bullying, and injustice may find relief from their daily struggles and compassionate encouragement and support as we become united in living the ideals on which our nation was founded. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are sick from coronavirus and those who labor to help them in their homes and in medical facilities will turn to Jesus who offers his easy yoke that lightens their burdens and will give them rest. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died in the course of the settlement of our continent and the establishment of our nation will be forgiven for their sins and be welcomed into the peace and tranquility of heaven. We pray to the Lord.
O God, even in these times of trouble, we come to you rejoicing heartily for we know that our king has come proclaiming peace to the nations. May we know your will for us so that we may be instruments of that peace. We make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen
St. Isabel died on July 04, 1336. Her feast day in most of the world is celebrated on July 4. In the U.S., her official feast day has been designated as July 5.