Third Sunday of Easter Sunday, April 18, 2021
As Easter people, we offer our prayers to the Father seeking the Lord’s peace in our lives, our communities, and throughout the world.
- That the Church may give witness to the suffering and rising of the Lord and preach repentance for the forgiveness of sins in his name to all the nations. We pray to the Lord.
- That people suffering from war, displacement, poverty, and disease may be comforted by the Lord standing in their midst and declaring, “Peace be with you.” We pray to the Lord.
- That those engaged in genocide and those who act to divide, injure, or harm others may be so incredulous for joy and amazed at the presence of the risen Lord among us that they become agents offering his peace to all they encounter. We pray to the Lord.
- That as we worship the Lord at Mass, may our minds be opened and our hearts burn on hearing Jesus’ word in the Scriptures, and may we come to know him in the breaking of bread. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who act out of ignorance in promoting abortion, the death penalty, and disrespect for human life will repent and be converted that their sins may be wiped away. We pray to the Lord.
- That the light of the countenance of the Lord may shine upon all who suffer from the pandemic and its destruction of health, families, and communities so that gladness may rest in their hearts. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of Myanmar, Lebanon, Northern Ireland, Syria and other regions of conflict may fall peacefully asleep each night and rise each day looking to the security that only the Lord can bring to their dwellings. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may truly know the Lord and keep his commandments so that we may not be liars but may have the love of God perfected in us. We pray to the Lord.
- That when we encounter problems in our lives, we may move ahead walking in faith and hope, not with the weapons of money and power, but with the weapon of prayer as our strength. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may find relief from the many physical challenges he faces and be granted compassion in all his struggles so that the peace of the Lord may reside with him. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may unite their suffering with the passion and death of Jesus and find relief from their distress through prayer and faith in the Resurrection. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who mourn the death of loved ones may know the peace that Jesus offers, be untroubled, and pray with confidence that the mercy of God is unbounded. We pray to the Lord.
O God, as we continue to celebrate the joy of this Easter season, may our faith increase so that we may know your answers to our prayers and we may give witness to the ways in which our eyes have been opened to your presence in our lives. We make our prayers through Christ our
 Based on audience of Pope Francis, April 14, 2021.