Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ, June 6, 2021
On this day in celebrating the great sacrament of the Body and Blood of Jesus, we come together calling upon the name of the Lord recognizing our unworthiness and asking that our souls may be healed.
- That the Church may proclaim the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist with clarity, truth, and love that models that presence. We pray to the Lord.
- That the breaking of bread in the Eucharist may draw people throughout this broken world to be united in mutual respect and in awe of the true presence of God among us. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may have the faith of the Jewish people led by Moses to declare, “We will do everything that the Lord has told us,” and the humility to seek forgiveness for the times when we fail. We pray to the Lord.
- That the blood of Christ may cleanse our consciences from dead works that we may worship the living God. We pray to the Lord.
- That children fleeing violence and poverty in fear may be united with their parents in our own country and in all parts of the world where respect for life is compromised. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are unable to receive the Eucharist because of religious persecution, isolation imposed by the pandemic, or lack of access to the Mass may be granted the grace to persevere in faith through our prayers and the prayers of all who sometimes take the sacraments for granted. We pray to the Lord.
- That the Eucharist may not be used as a weapon against those who struggle with matters of faith but may be a sacrament of unity that draws all people to the wisdom of the Father. We pray to the Lord.
- That young people who are preparing for marriage with the support of a Christian community may grow in love, with generosity, faithfulness, and patience. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher, and all faithful priests of the Diocese of Venice, may receive the support of their bishop as they strive to be active and effective ministers of the Eucharist. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may be always grateful for the Eucharist, the Body and Blood of Christ, which nourishes us with real food and real drink so that we may have life eternal. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are nearing the end of their lives on earth may receive the Eucharist as Viaticum so that they may be strengthened for the journey and die with Christ who leads them to eternal life. We pray to the Lord.
- That through the Eucharist they have shared, may our deceased friends and relatives be delivered from death, forgiven their transgressions, and receive the promised eternal inheritance. We pray to the Lord.
Heavenly Father, we are united with your Son through the Eucharist that we share. May we come to know your will for us through the bread of life and the cup of salvation that we celebrate. We make our prayer through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
 Monthly Intention of Pope Francis for June, 2021.