We observe the presence and actions of the Lord in our lives and offer our prayers with hope that he will provide for all our needs.
- That Pope Francis may be persistent in proclaiming the message of the Gospel, even as he is subjected to the same rejections and offenses that Ezekiel and Jesus endured. We pray to the Lord.
- That the leaders of nations will not be a rebellious lot but will hear the Spirit speaking to them so that they might build freedom, peace, and security for those they serve. We pray to the Lord.
- That our nation will celebrate its independence today with gratitude to God for the many blessings we have been given and the hardships we have been spared. We pray to the Lord.
- That as we declare the equality of all created individuals to be a self-evident, sacred, and undeniable truth, we will commit ourselves to living in ways that confirm our belief in that truth. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may act so that the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness may be granted to the unborn, to those subjected to oppressive governments, to those denied religious freedom, and to those forced to flee in fear from war and poverty. We pray to the Lord.
- That the horrific discoveries of unmarked graves of indigenous children in Canada will be a clarion call that demands the protection of marginalized children, those forced to be child-soldiers, those subjected to sexual exploitation, and all young people. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher, and all of us, may join with St. Paul and be content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions and constraints for the sake of Christ, confident that when we are weak, then we are strong. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may be aware that God calls us and instills in us a mission, providing the grace that transforms mere existence into worthiness of being placed at the service of the Gospel. We pray to the Lord.
- That in social, economic, and political situations of conflict, we may be courageous and passionate architects of dialogue and friendship. We pray to the Lord.
- That the proposed ceasefire in Tigray, Ethiopia, and efforts to end the fighting in Afghanistan, genocide in China, and conflicts within and between nations will bear fruit among those who are hard of face and obstinate of heart. We pray to the Lord.
- That those suffering from the pandemic and who are living in fear and isolation may turn to the Lord in faith so that he may perform mighty deeds among them. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died in service to our nation fighting to uphold the principles of the Constitution may rest in the peace of eternity with all the angels and saints. We pray to the Lord.
God, our Father, we know that you hear us and come to us in prayer. May we react to your will for us, not with mere astonishment, but with wisdom and faith so that mighty deeds may be worked in our lives. We offer these prayers through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
 Based on Audience of Pope Francis, June 30, 2021
 Intention of Pope Francis for July, 2021