As the apostles were sent on their journey with nothing but faith in God’s care for them, we offer our prayers this day seeking that same faith in all aspects of our lives.
- That Pope Francis may be kept free from pain and recover quickly and completely from the surgery he has undergone. We pray to the Lord.
- That political leaders will hear the peace that God proclaims so that truth shall spring out of the earth and justice shall look down from heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- That refugees traveling with nothing but a walking stick — no food, no sack, no money in their belts — will be welcomed in the lands they enter and given respect, hope, and peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That as Amos accepted the call from his life as a shepherd and dresser of sycamores to be a prophet of the Lord, may we hear and accept the challenges the Lord places before us, inviting us to do his will. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who suffer because of the collapse of the building in Surfside and all who suffer or are in fear because fire, floods, poor construction, or war threaten their homes may find consolation, peace, and safety. We pray to the Lord.
- That on this Sea Sunday, may those who better our lives through their work on the seas transporting goods and harvesting the ocean’s bounty know our gratitude, be restored from their labors during the pandemic, be protected from piracy, and experience working practices based on human dignity rather than profit. We pray to the Lord.
- That on this day of prayer established by the Italian Episcopal Conference in memory of those who have died in the Mediterranean and along land routes as the fled poverty, conflict, persecution, and climate change, we may open our hearts to refugees and be messengers of peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That the martyrdom of Fr. Stan Swamy will shine a light on the need to protect the rights of indigenous and marginalized people through legal means in India and in all places where they suffer persecution. We pray to the Lord.
- That the challenges posed by the heat, wind, and rains of summer will be overcome by careful planning, the kindness of people toward their neighbors, and faith in the enduring love of God. We pray to the Lord.
- That on this feast of St. Benedict, Fr. Christopher may be strengthened by knowledge that Benedict overcame many plots against him along his path to sainthood. We pray to the Lord.
- That the oil of the sacrament of the anointing of the sick will provide consolation, comfort, and a cure to those who are suffering in our communities. We pray to the Lord.
- That those missionaries who died at sea while setting out to spread the Gospels and all who have died traveling the oceans in conflicts or accidents may enjoy the restful waters of heaven for all eternity. We pray to the Lord.
O God we seek your protection in our lives knowing that food, sacks, and money in our belts will not enable us to spread faith, hope, and charity throughout your creation. We ask that you lead us to places where your word will be welcomed, and we will know your enduring presence. We make our prayer through Christ our Lord. Amen.
 Based on message of Cardinal Peter Turkson, July 7, 2021