We offer our petitions to the Father knowing that the hand of the Lord feeds us, and he answers all our needs.
- That Pope Francis may be healthy in body, mind, and spirit as he prophetically leads the Church in search of unity and truth. We pray to the Lord.
- That the leaders of nations and all people will be generous, even with seemingly scarce supplies of food, to ensure that the poor, the hungry, and those fleeing violence and war are fed. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may be mindful of the ever-present Lord in expecting that small efforts we make on behalf of those in need will be multiplied for their benefit. We pray to the Lord.
- That during this time of division in our country, we may live with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another through love, striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That the bishops in our nation and throughout the world may not be intransigent in their response to Pope Francis’ call for a path of unity in the Church based on the inspiration of the Holy Spirit as expressed in Vatican Council II. We pray to the Lord.
- That all liturgies will be celebrated with decorum and fidelity to the liturgical books promulgated after Vatican Council II without the eccentricities that can easily degenerate into abuses. We pray to the Lord.
- That the women and girls of Afghanistan will overcome the loss of educational opportunities, confinement at home, sexual violence, and the removal of many freedoms as their nation is engulfed by fighting and subjected to ruthless leadership. We pray to the Lord.
- That this season of fires in the western US, floods that have ravaged Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands and China, and the plight of almost 25 million in Asia and Africa who have been displaced by storms, floods, wildfires and droughts will inspire commitment to the principles of Laudato si’ to protect the earth. We pray to the Lord.
- That efforts to safeguard those most vulnerable to the effects of covid will be increased through thoughtful and widespread vaccination programs and appropriate observance of recommendations and regulations designed to preserve community health. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may be allowed to live the call he has received, and that his case may be given the study it deserves by the authorities in Rome whose duty it is to preserve the unity of spirit through the bond of peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That the eyes of those who are sick and those who care for them will look hopefully to the Lord with confidence that he is near to all who call upon him, to all who call upon him in truth. We pray to the Lord.
- That the deceased who have shared in the Eucharistic banquet on earth will be welcomed with great joy into the everlasting life of heaven. We pray to the Lord.
O God as the Eucharist feeds us, may we hunger only for your gentle presence in our lives with knowledge that you provide for all our needs. We make these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.
 From Letter of Pope Francis accompanying his Apostolic Letter Traditiones Custodes, 16 July 2021