Christmas, December 25, 2021
On this Christmas day as we rejoice at the birth of our Savior, let us offer our petitions with trust and confidence that Jesus is born for each of us.
- That we may join with the shepherds who went in haste to find the infant and make known the message that has been told to us as we glorify God for all we have heard and seen through Jesus’ presence in our lives. We pray to the Lord.
- That all the ends of the earth will see the saving power of God and may strive to establish peace, justice, love, and mutual respect that overcome long standing enmities, distrust, hatred, and greed. We pray to the Lord.
- That as Joseph placed his trust in God and did as the angel commanded even when troubled on learning of Mary’s pregnancy, we may trust in the Lord at the times when we are confused, disheartened, and anxious so that Jesus may be born into our darkness. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may live temperately, justly, and devoutly in this age, eager to do what is good as we welcome the blessed hope and appearance of our savior Jesus Christ into our lives and wait in joyful hope for his return to Earth. We pray to the Lord.
- That our hearts may be open to those who find no room for them as they seek refuge from hatred, poverty, and war in the safe places and inns of our communities. We pray to the Lord.
- That all infants will be received with great joy and be born into nurturing and loving atmospheres that encourage and enable them to grow to their full potential as parts of God’s sacred creation. We pray to the Lord.
- That on this day as we commemorate the Word becoming flesh and dwelling among us, we may see his glory that is full of grace and truth and gives light to the human race. We pray to the Lord.
- That Christ, the true light, may overcome the darkness that has hung over Fr. Christopher for the past five years and illuminate that darkness with truth, compassion, and joy. We pray to the Lord.
- That those whose celebration of Christmas is tempered by sorrow at the loss of a loved one, by infirmity, isolation, or tragedy in their lives, may find consolation in the promise of renewal that accompanies the birth the infant who brings hope and heals the broken hearted. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill will know the comfort that the Lord provides to all his people and find his consolation in faith, friends, and family. We pray to the Lord.
- That friends and family members, victims of natural disasters, those who have suffered persecution for their faith, and those in our community who have died since last Christmas will be welcomed by hosts of angels into the eternal light of heaven. We pray to the Lord.
O God, may this day be one of joy as we know that you answer our prayers; and may we rejoice at the gift of your Son, the true light who enlightens everyone and has come into this world. Amen.