The Epiphany of the Lord, January 2, 2022
As the wise men followed the star that enabled them to find the infant, we find Jesus in the Eucharist and offer our prayers to the Father.
- That the church will be a bright star that rises over all humanity and draws people from many cultures and beliefs to join with the Magi in entering the house of the Lord and doing him homage. We pray to the Lord
- That the darkness of disease, war, and poverty that covers the earth and the thick clouds that cover the peoples will be diminished as all raise their eyes and look about to see the light that has come and walk by that glorious light. We pray to the Lord.
- That the riches of the land and of the sea will be emptied out before those who hunger so that they may share in the wealth of nations and the abundance provided by the Lord. We pray to the Lord.
- That justice for refugees shall flower in these days and that nations torn apart by war may be enveloped by profound peace till the moon be no more. We pray to the Lord.
- That in this new calendar year, may the light of Christ shine on the work of those in science and medicine who seek to find solutions to the problem of covid as they return to their work along different routes that provide life, hope, and health. We pray to the Lord.
- That leaders of nations will not be troubled, as was King Herod, by the news of Jesus born into this world and will act forcefully to stop religious persecution and put an end to religious hatred. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may be generous with the talents and treasures God has given us and offer ourselves to Jesus with the gifts of the Magi. We pray to the Lord.
- That the work of the Missionaries of Charity in India and the efforts of those who strive to serve the last, the lost, and the least will not be deterred by governments and political parties who fear the light of Christ. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may be led in his search for justice by the light that is Christ. We pray to the Lord.
- That the bishops of the world will comply with the directives of Pope Francis in Traditionis Custodes and the subsequent clarification and follow the lead of Cardinal Cupich in leading the people of his Archdiocese to accept the teaching of the Second Vatican Council and its liturgical books. We pray to the Lord.
- That the light of Christ may shine in the darkness experienced by those battling debilitating disease and bring them peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That our family and friends and those who died alone, in fear, or in service to others may be welcomed with joy into the everlasting light of heaven. We pray to the Lord.
Loving Father, on this first Sunday of the new calendar year, we offer our petitions seeking more completely to find the light of your Son. We trust that you answer our pleas, as you answered the Magi in their quest, for we make our prayers through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
1 thought on “The Epiphany of the Lord, January 2, 2022”
hAPPY nEW yEAR—— mAY WE ALL TAKE A LITTLE TIME EACH DAY TO READ A LITTLE SCRIPTURE… A YEAR FROM NOW—- IT WILL HOPEFULLY MAKE A GOOD DIFFERNCE FOR US! MAY PIECE COME FOR ALL IN 2022 –ESP FR CHRISTOPHER!
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING TOGETHER FOR ALL GOOD THINGS!! SINCERELY MARY JO AND HANK MAHER