15th Sunday in Ordinary Time July 10, 2022
On this day we ask the Father for the grace and wisdom to be people of compassion who care for those in need and do not pass them by as we travel in hope of eternal life.
- That the Church may heed the voice of the Lord, our God, and return to him with all our heart and with all our soul. We pray to the Lord.
- That all nations, races, and cultures will see each other as neighbors, bind up the wounds of hatred, jealousy, and pride that drive them apart, and treat each other with mercy. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may not become resigned to a society that experiences mass shootings as a normal part of everyday life but will insist that our children and all generations may live without fear of attack by the weapons of war in schools, churches, and at public events. We pray to the Lord.
- That the actions of our lives may demonstrate our love of the Lord with all heart, all our being, all our strength and all our mind. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may see those who suffer from poverty, disease, addiction, and mental illness as our neighbors and love them as we do ourselves. We pray to the Lord.
- That families who mourn over the loss of a mother, father, son, or daughter may be comforted in their grief by gentle Samaritans who offer them care, support, prayer, and quiet presence. We pray to the Lord.
- That the experience and wisdom of the elderly — who represent the roots and memory of a people — may help young people look toward the future with hope and responsibility. We pray to the Lord.
- That the victims of war who lie half-dead on the roadsides as they flee the violence afflicting their nations will be treated with compassion and with determination that all assaults on human life must end. We pray to the Lord.
- That the developing military alliances in Europe and in Asia will be partnerships that demand and preserve peace throughout the world. We pray to the Lord.
- That the priests who have seen Fr. Christopher in his suffering yet passed him by on the opposite side of the road will be moved by the example of the Good Samaritan to offer generous support to their brother and to all the faithful who are suffering. We pray to the Lord.
- That on this Apostleship of the Sea Sunday, those who traverse the oceans delivering needed goods and offering hope to distant lands will be protected by Our Lady, Star of the Sea, as they sail in calm and peaceful waters. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are afflicted and in pain will turn to the Lord in their need so that his saving help may protect them, and they may glorify him with thanksgiving. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may inherit eternal life through the love of God and love of neighbor with which they lived their lives. We pray to the Lord.
Heavenly Father, as we experience the daily turmoil of this world, we thank you for your constant help which guides us to be people who live in ways that demonstrate our love for you and for our neighbors. We offer these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.
 Variation of Pope Francis’ intention for July, 2022.