Fifth Sunday of Easter, April 29, 2018
We come to the Father seeking to be faithful to the true vine, a people who bear good fruit who unite our prayers and petitions to His will.
- For Pope Francis, that his leadership may guide the Church to closer unity with Jesus who remains in his disciples. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may love not only in word and speech but especially in deed and truth that lifts up all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That bishops may be inspired by the conversion of Paul to speak out boldly in the name of Jesus and also act in promoting mercy, justice, and peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may be people who cling tenaciously to the true vine that our lives may bear fruit in our joys, our sufferings, our hopes, and our fears. We pray to the Lord.
- That victims of abuse of any kind may find healing and be assisted in overcoming its affects by those who love one another as Jesus has commanded. We pray to the Lord.
- That refugees fleeing homes destroyed by war, hatred, and persecution may find welcome, safety, and opportunity to rebuild their lives in peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That the hypocrisy of the attacks on Fr. Christopher and on his commitment to his priesthood will be thrown out, wither, and thrown into a fire so that his ministry will continue to bear much fruit. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are battling serious illnesses may experience their suffering as pruning of productive branches that will bear more fruit through Jesus’ presence in them. We pray to the Lord.
- That our deceased friends, relatives, and parishioners may remain with God forever in the eternal joy of heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, your Son, Jesus, tells us that if we remain in him and his words remain in us, whatever we want will be done. May these petitions be an expression of our needs in accord with your will for each of us. We make these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.