Twenty-Fourth Sunday of Ordinary Time, September 16, 2018
We come to the Lord in faith, asking that that faith will be evidenced in our prayers and petitions.
- That the meeting of Pope Francis with members of the US Catholic Conference of Bishops will bear fruit through the elimination of the scourge of sexual abuse, and all other abuses, from the life of the Church. We pray to the Lord.
- That the world may be freed from the self-interest and deceit of all leaders, that all people may live in freedom, security, and peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That those Christians being persecuted for their faith may be resolute in clinging to the Gospel and find relief from their suffering. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of the Atlantic coast who have felt the effects of Hurricane Florence may not lose heart, may receive help for a swift recovery, and may quickly achieve a sense of normalcy in their lives. We pray to the Lord.
- That all rescue workers and first responders will be kept safe as they selflessly work for the well-being of others at home and around the world. We pray to the Lord.
- That those determined to eliminate all forms of abuse from the life of the Church may not lose heart during the current focus on sexual abuse and by interference with efforts to minimize valid concerns. We pray to the Lord.
- That in the midst of scandalous and discouraging news about the Church, we may never hesitate to join with Peter in declaring Jesus to be the Christ, and in expressing our faith through good deeds. We pray to the Lord.
- That in times of discouragement, we may be strengthened by knowledge that we are united with the disciples and are called to deny ourselves, take up our own crosses, and follow Jesus. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may pray with confidence knowing that the Lord hears their voice in supplication and frees their souls from death, their eyes from tears, and their feet from stumbling. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may walk before the Lord for all eternity in the land of the living. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we offer our prayers and petitions to you confident that you know our deepest needs and that your Spirit is with us in all our struggles and joys. In gratitude for your faithfulness to us, we offer these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.