Twenty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time C, September 01, 2019
We come to this Eucharistic banquet recognizing our unworthiness to receive the generous gift of the Body and Blood of Christ. We seek humility as we offer our prayers to God knowing full well that we can never repay his generosity to us.
- That Church leaders may embrace humility and genuinely seek the welfare of the people they serve rather than their own aggrandizement. We pray to the Lord.
- That people throughout the world may engage in constructive dialogue, humbly recognizing the truths that exist in all cultures and with great respect for all of God’s creation. We pray to the Lord.
- That Pope Francis’ example of humility will show God’s love to the people of Mozambique, Madagascar, and Mauritius whom he will be visiting this week. We pray to the Lord.
- That politicians, scientists, and economists will work together to protect the world’s seas and oceans. We pray to the Lord.
- That all children who have been separated from their families and been deprived of food, love, and security may be called up to higher places at this world’s banquet tables. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may be generous with the many blessings and gifts we have received and humbly share them with those who are in need. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may conduct all our affairs with humility and thereby find God’s favor. We pray to the Lord.
- That those impacted by tropical storms, hurricanes, the fires in the Amazon, and other natural disasters may be protected from harm and be aided in their recovery by good neighbors. We pray to the Lord.
- That Father Christopher’s appeals to Church authorities for justice will be received humbly by wise bishops with attentive ears. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may receive the esteem due to all people and be treated with care and compassion despite their inability to provide repayment. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died will be welcomed into heaven for their humility and generosity and be granted places at the heavenly banquet. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we come to you as proud people thinking that we know our needs and what is best for our lives. We ask that you reform us in humility and grant us what we truly need so that we may give you praise and glory through the actions of our lives. We make these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.
 Pope Francis’ intention for the month of September.