Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity, May 30, 2021
Prompted by the Holy Spirit, we offer our prayers to the Father through his Son, Jesus.
- That the leadership of Pope Francis will inspire people throughout the world to be drawn to the Church and be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. We pray to the Lord.
- That nations of the world will replace cultures of destruction, failure, and evil with an embrace of the Trinitarian God who is creator, redeemer, and sanctifier. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may see in the disciples who worshiped Jesus, but doubted, our own call, with our own doubts, to share our faith with the world, confident that the Lord is with us always, even until the end of time. We pray to the Lord.
- That as we conclude a week of prayer for the Church in China, we may be thankful for the gift of fidelity, for constancy amid trials, and for firm trust in God’s providence even during adverse situations with which Chinese Catholics have inspired people of faith. We pray to the Lord.
- That Catholic people who encounter injustice will make prophetic and constructive contributions born of their faith in the kingdom of God for the sake of building a society that is more just, humane, and respectful of the dignity of each person. We pray to the Lord.
- That all people in our nation will be committed to ending the senseless violence that occurs on our streets, in schools, and in the workplace so that we and our children may prosper and have long lives on the land with which we have been blessed. We pray to the Lord.
- That amidst the loud din and clamoring that fills our streets and media, the call of Jesus to go and make disciples of all nations will be heard and manifested through action that displays God’s love, mercy, and compassion. We pray to the Lord.
- That the tenuous peace in Gaza and Israel may gain strength and become a model of rapprochement between peoples that will foreshadow peace throughout the Middle East and between nations divided by decades of mistrust and hatred. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may be led by the Spirit of God as he suffers with Christ, not falling back into fear but as one who cries out, “Abba, Father.” We pray to the Lord.
- That even as this month of Mary comes to a close, may we always turn to her as our intercessor confident in her aid as we seek God’s grace for those who suffer. We pray to the Lord.
- That as the ravages of COVID are becoming better managed in our land, may we not become complacent or apathetic to the suffering being endured throughout the world, as we pray for all who are ill, for their loved ones who are fearful, and for all who labor to provide relief. We pray to the Lord.
- That those members of our military who have died serving our country so that we might have freedom will rest forever in the eternal peace of heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- That our friends, parishioners, and community members baptized in the name of the Blessed Trinity who have died may rejoice forever in heaven among the blessed people the Lord has chosen to be his own. We pray to the Lord.
With glory to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirt as it has been and will be for all time, we offer our prayers through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
 Based on Message of His Holiness Pope Francis to the Catholics of China and to the Universal Church, item 1, 26 September, 2018.
 Based on Message of His Holiness Pope Francis to the Catholics of China and to the Universal Church, item 6, 26 September, 2018.
2 thoughts on “Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity, May 30, 2021”
THANK YOU FOR EACH OF THOSE PETITIONS—- MAY WE ALWAYS RESPECT PEOPLE OF OTHER FAITHS..OTHER NATIONS..OTHER CULTURES AND RACES! GOD MADE US ALL AND LOVES US ALL——-MAKE A LIST OF ALL THAT JESUS HAS TOLD US……..AND ALIST OF ALL THAT IS RECORDED THAT WE KNOW FROM SCRIPTURE WHAT HE SAID AND DID—-HE IS THE WAY,THE TRUTH, AND THE LIGHT! —– THEN LOVINGLY TELL OTHERS OF THE BEST WAY TO LIVE ! FOLLOW HIS INSTRUCTIONS FOR A HAPPY LIFE!THANKS FOR INSPIRATION. AND THANKS TO MARY– ! MJM
OOPS – I ENTERED IT ABOVE!